Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
What is the most effective method of nutritional assessment in older adult patients who are admitted to the hospital?
Introduction (approx. 300-400 words)
• Introduce your assignment by clearly outlining the use of the CINAHL database to search for studies on the research question, select 5 studies from your search, discuss each study, highlight key points in your conclusion, and explain the implication of the assignment for your profession.
Choose 5 articles/pieces of literature peer-reviewed related to the question from the search, describe them and comment on why you chose them, their findings, and their relevance to your nursing practice.
• Define and discuss the importance of evidence-based practice in relation to adult nursing.
• Relate to the NMC code the importance of evidence-based practice in nursing.Search (approx. 800 words)
• Clearly state the search terms or keywords in your chosen research question.
• Clearly outline how you performed your literature search by using CINAHL database, inclusion and exclusion criteria, full text, articles in English, peer-reviewed articles, and publication dates, PICO method etc
CINAHL database, search terms, Boolean operators, and other filters are used to provide a rationale for these decisions with references.
• State the titles or authors of the five studies you have selected from the literature search.
• Briefly state your rationale for your search decisions and included references.
• Include copies of your search in the appendices.Discussion (approx. 1000 -1200 words)
Discuss the five studies in separate paragraphs, about 200 words for each, for example:
• The first study was by … (state authors). The purpose of the study … (explain the purpose). The study was conducted using… (for example, qualitative or quantitative research methods.
The participant sampling methods they used … (for example, purposive or randomised sampling). The data collection methods they used … (for example, interviews or questionnaires). The data analysis methods … (for example, thematic, coding, or statistic). The study found … (include key findings or results of the study).
• The second, third, fourth and last study by (repeat same approach as above in separate paragraph).
Remember to use research terminology, i.e., quantitative, qualitative, systematic review, and national guidance and provide definitions to explain these terms.What does each piece of literature report/recommend? ALL 5 PAPERS NEED TO BE PEER-REVIEWED AND HAVE PRIMARY EVIDENCE.
Paper 1 Cite a source for what a phase 2 RCT is, what primary research is;
Paper 2 cite; secondary source (; cite RCT; GRADE methodology; Qual or Quan
Paper 3 cite; qualitative or quantitative etc
Paper 4; what is a journal article, scholarly vs academic etc
Paper 5; what is a guidelineConclusions (approx. 200-300 words)
• Summarise how you conducted the search, including database and search limiters.
• Summarise key findings of the five studies you selected.
• State that your original question has been answered (i.e., draw the key points from chosen articles/literature pieces). Please link back to the QUESTION and answer it.
Nutritional screening aims to quickly identify patients at a high risk of not getting enough nourishment.
Discuss and compare the five pieces of literature found
Answering the essay question
Carefully identify the paper’s primary claimImplications for practice (approx. 200-300 words)
• State the knowledge you have had because of the evidence you have found.
• Explain what further information or gaps in evidence you would like to know about.
• Explain the implication of the knowledge gained for your practice as an adult nurse.
Discuss NMC’s role, Gibbs reflective cycle six stages of evaluation evidenced based and findings in the 5-literature review.
Use the LSBU-HARVARD referencing style for in-text citations and reference list.